Clock And Track
What's New What's #%#!
Issue: June 27th, 2003
A problem has been reported by a couple of users when they upgraded to a permanent license: The old client archive disappeared after the license was installed.
Problem 1: "All my clients and sessions were gone!" This is known to happen if a temporary license expires. It is by design to intentionally limit the use of unregistered copies of the software.
Work Around: Once a permanent license is installed an archive created under a temporary license is saved by default to $HOME/Library/Clock And Track/MMDDYYYY_HHMM_client.data. This archive may be opened and saved out again. Make sure to update your preferences so that the startup archive points to this newly saved archive. If any of you have experienced this problem under different circumstances please email me with a description of the problem you encountered.
Problem 2: Surprisingly no one has reported this problem. Saving out archive preferences (by clicking OK on the Archive Settings dialog) may invalidate the permanent license by reinstalling a temporary license.
Work Around: This is fixed in the next release. The work around is to delete the ~/Library/Clock And Track/bdnsw.lic and restarting Clock And Track.
Problem 3: These long license codes are a pain in the &%&*^%*&^%!.
Work Around: Yeah, I know. We want to redo the license manager but it is not yet on the immediate list of things to do. Apologies.
Problem 4: Where's the FAQ ?!?!?
Sorry. it doesn't exist yet. Hopefully it will soon.
A new point release of Clock And Track is imminent. An email will be sent to registered users pointing them to a URL where they may be able to download a preliminary beta copy. This is a minor release and no problems are expected. (Famous last words.) Your existing license will work. A description of the bugs fixed and features added are listed below. Registered users of course will be able to freely upgrade to this release if they want to.
Thank you for becoming a registered Clock And Track user! If there are any features or problems with the software do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com. Some of the new features were requested by you! Thanks for the input.
PS If you learned of this software at versiontracker and you are happy with the software it would be great if you left a positive review on their website!
New Features Included in Version 1.1.0
Ability to pause an activity.
Updated the main control window to better show when the clock is running. Also added explicit play/pause/stop controls.
Added preference to control if the dock clock is always shown when the clock is running as opposed to just when the the app is hidden.
Added command to control whether dollar amounts are shown on the screen or not. An associated default preference for this behavior was created as well. This was added since some users (including myself) sometime run the program at client sites. Showing accrued dollar amounts on the screen is sometime too indiscrete.
- Saving out archive preferences (by clicking OK on the Archive Settings dialog) may invalidate the permanent license by reinstalling a temporary license.
Old Work Around: Delete file bdnsw.lic in $HOME/Library/Clock And Track directory.
- Deleting invoiced session items erroneously debits the running totals.
Old Work Around: Quit and restart Clock And Track.
- Invoice Number doesn't increment when multiple clients are selected.
Old Work Around: Either generate each invoice one client at a time, or manually update the invoice numbers in the invoices generated.
- Main client control browser did not set its font to bold/italic when there were uninvoiced sessions in all cases.
Old Work Around: None.
- Start/Stop Menu item doesn't change name of client when client selection changes.
Old Work Around: None.
- If there are two outstanding tasks with the same name on the same day and one was invoiced and one was not if a compact sessions is performed then the tasks are merged even though they should not be.
Old Work Around: Don't create session tasks with the same name, on the same day if one of those tasks has just been included on an invoice. Alternatively never use the compact sessions command.
- Incomplete Preferences documentation.
Old Work Around: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Bugs Or Requests(May be fixed in 1.1.0.)
- Installing new license removes traces of existing sessions when used in evaluation mode.
Status: Investigating. Is probably a documentation bug.
- Entering a task name via the inspector's add/modify form does not add a new one to the drop down completion list for that client.
- Extend compact sessions to be client specific.
Status: Investigating. Not certain if it is worth the effort given the new pause feature.