Clock and Track Release Notes 1.1.3
Copyright (c) 2003 BDN Software inc.
Clock and Track release 1.1.3 is a minor release that adds some modest
functionality to the 1.0.10 and fixes some minor bugs. These features
and bugs are listed below as well as a list of know bugs and a list of
potential new features to add to the 2.0 release. Please fell free to email
And Track Support to express your opinion about what if any new
features should be added.
Release 1.1.0 never made it out as as an offical release. We decided to add limited
support for non dollar currencies and formats into this release and incremented the
release revision number to reflect this change.
2.0 is not schedule for release until
the end of 2003.
New Features Added to 1.1.3
- Ability to pause a running session.
- Upated main control window to better show when the clock is running. Also added explicit play/pause/stop controls.
- Added preference to control if the dock clock is always shown when the clock is running as opposed to just when the the app is hidden.
- Added command to control whether dollars are shown on screen or not. An associated default preference for this behavior was created as well.
- Added "Compact Client" menu item in addition to "Compact All Clients"
- Added "Delete Client's Invoiced" menu item in addition to "Delete All Invoiced Items"
- Added a voice number field to the client inspector form.
- Added client voice, fax, and email tokens that can be referenced by invoice templates.
- Password protected Unhide Amounts toggle via user default PasswordProtect.
- Archive permissions are now owner read/write group read and other none. These can be changed on an archive basis via the GUI or by changing the permissions on the archive.
- Added menu items to Application Help menu.
- Added some support for other currency symbols and currency format options and updated the templates to use these new formatting options.
- Added a couple of more menu items to the Edit menu to locate and revert templates.
- Double clicking on all rows in the Invoice inspector will now bring up
either the invoice or a detailed report in TextEdit or the default RTF reader application. Previously the master row would not do anything.
- Added [sessionDescription] and [expenseDescription] invoice
report keywords. These now allow the summary invoice report template
to incorporate the session detail and expense detail into a single
file. Note that the [description] was and still is only meaningful in
the Session Detail and the Expense Detail reports.
Improved key entry support for numeric, time and date fields (+, - and
shift+ shift-) now update the field. The t key will set a default for
date and time fields (today or now respectively.)
- The session, expense and invoice inspector will now delete the selected items if the delete button is pressed in addition to the CMD-D menu item.
- Added two new menu items to mark the selected sessions or
expenses in the inspector window as invoiced or not invoiced. The
selection after applying these commands is modified to included only
those session or expenses whost "Was Invoiced" state changed as a
result of applying the command. This is useful to toggle the state
back to the way it was after viewing the Client Summary information.
- Added a convert Mac EOL to UNIX EOL script that can be applied to
template files and invoked via the Edit menu.
- Invoice Number didn't increment when multiple clients are selected.
- Main client control browser did not set its font to bold/italic when there were uninvoiced sessions in all cases.
- Start/Stop Menu item didn't change name of client when client selection changes.
- Clicking OK in Archive Settings dialog erroneously wrote out a temporary license file which then caused the App to ignore the permanent license.
- Entering a task name via the inspector's add/modify form did not add a new one to the drop down completion list for that client.
- Deleting invoiced session items erroneously debited the running totals.
- If there were two outstanding tasks with the same name on the same day and one was invoiced and one was not if a compact sessions was performed then the tasks were merged even though they should not have been.
- Installing a permanent license would not reuse an expired archive created with a temporary license.
- Preferences documentation was incomplete.
- Invoice file names were only created using a client's short file name. If this was NULL the invoice
file name would be a dot file. Now if the short name is undefined the client's full name is used.
- Deleting multiple invoices from the Invoice inspector window did not work correctly,
- Invoice summary view sheet after invoices were generated was sometimes incomplete.
- On non english systems that had a different "Library" direction templates would not be copied out of the application wrapper.
- When generating invoices if use new sessions and expenses was deselected previously invoiced expenses were still ignored.
Invoice file name reassociation caused a crash.
Undeleting items did not respect the "was invoiced" flag.
Known Bugs (1.1.3)
- Menu item invocation of inspector does not sync view to the selected client.
- Status: Deferred.
- Work Around: Click on the client in the Inspector Window.
- On import, the session entries in the flat file are merged with those already loaded by Clock And Track. If a client is referenced that has not been previously defined in the archive it is just ignored.
- Status: Deferred
- Work Around: Define the client prior to importing.
- Open and NewArchive dialogs are not modal so it may be possible to cause inconsistencies by not completing the dialog.
- Status: Investigating
- Work Around: Complete or Dismiss open or new archive dialogs before doing anything else.
- Deleting invoices does not provide an option to delete the actual invoice file.
- Status: Deferred
- Work Around: Delete the files manually.
Features Being Considered for the 2.0 Release
Please let us know what features are important to you! Below are a list of candidate
features for 2.0
- Ability to track payments on a client basis and show account recievable information and generate income reports.
- Customizable ability to protect various operations with a password.
- Browsable audit trail for backup and invoice generation events.
- Backup copy reaper with associated preference controls.
- User definable client and consultant attributes that can be referenced during invoice generation as tokens.
- Encrypted archives.
- Automated year end closing [period closing] backup and summary reports.
- Improved import/export (needs better definition)
- Combined Summary and Detail invoice option.
- Deleting Sessions from an archive should also optionally delete the associated invoice items if any.
- Improved invoice deletion functionality by providing options to delete the actual invoice file. Also add the ability to reassociate a file with an invoice item in case it has moved on the file system.
- Add a "Tip of the Day" dialog capability.
- A regenerate invoice feature to replace a previously generated invoice using the generated invoices attributes (e.g. date range) as initial defaults. This could be useful if new items were added that should be submitted on the final invoice submitted to a client.
Allow currency options on a per client basis.
Provide for alternate date formatting.
Prepare for localization.