Clock and Track Release Notes 1.1.0
Copyright (c) 2003 BDN Software inc.
Clock and Track release 1.1.0 is a minor release that adds some modest
functionality to the 1.0.10 and fixes some minor bugs. These features
and bugs are listed below as well as a list of know bugs and a list of
potential new features to add to the 2.0 release. Please fell free to email
And Track Support to express your opinion about what if any new
features should be added.
2.0 is not schedule for release until
the end of 2003.
New Features Added to 1.1.0
- Ability to pause a running session.
- Upated main control window to better show when the clock is running. Also added explicit play/pause/stop controls.
- Added preference to control if the dock clock is always shown when the clock is running as opposed to just when the the app is hidden.
- Added command to control whether dollars are shown on screen or not. An associated default preference for this behavior was created as well.
- Added "Compact Client" menu item in addition to "Compact All Clients"
- Added "Delete Client's Invoiced" menu item in addition to "Delete All Invoiced Items"
- Added a voice number field to the client inspector form.
- Added client voice, fax, and email tokens that can be referenced by invoice templates.
- Password protected Unhide Amounts toggle via user default PasswordProtect.
- Archive permissions are now owner read/write group read and other none. These can be changed on an archive basis via the GUI or by changing the permissions on the archive.
- Added menu items to Application Help menu.
- Invoice Number didn't increment when multiple clients are selected.
- Main client control browser did not set its font to bold/italic when there were uninvoiced sessions in all cases.
- Start/Stop Menu item didn't change name of client when client selection changes.
- Clicking OK in Archive Settings dialog erroneously wrote out a temporary license file which then caused the App to ignore the permanent license.
- Entering a task name via the inspector's add/modify form did not add a new one to the drop down completion list for that client.
- Deleting invoiced session items erroneously debited the running totals.
- If there were two outstanding tasks with the same name on the same day and one was invoiced and one was not if a compact sessions was performed then the tasks were merged even though they should not have been.
- Installing a permanent license would not reuse an expired archive created with a temporary license.
- Preferences documentation was incomplete.
Known Bugs (1.1.0)
- Menu item invocation of inspector does not sync view to the selected client.
- Status: Deferred.
- Work Around: Click on the client in the Inspector Window.
- On import, the session entries in the flat file are merged with those already loaded by Clock And Track. If a client is referenced that has not been previously defined in the archive it is just ignored.
- Status: Deferred
- Work Around: Define the client prior to importing.
- Open and NewArchive dialogs are not modal so it may be possible to cause inconsistencies by not completing the dialog.
- Status: Investigating
- Work Around: Complete or Dismiss open or new archive dialogs before doing anything else.
- Deleting invoices does not provide an option to delete the actual invoice file.
- Status: Deferred
- Work Around: Delete the files manually.
Features Being Considered for the 2.0 Release
Please let us know what features are important to you! Below are a list of candidate
features for 2.0
- Ability to track payments on a client basis and show account recievable information and generate income reports.
- Customizable ability to protect various operations with a password.
- Browsable audit trail for backup and invoice generation events.
- Backup copy reaper with associated preference controls.
- User definable client and consultant attributes that can be referenced during invoice generation as tokens.
- Encrypted archives.
- Automated year end closing [period closing] backup and summary reports.
- Improved import/export (needs better definition)
- Combined Summary and Detail invoice option.
- Deleting Sessions from an archive should also optionally delete the associated invoice items if any.
- Improved invoice deletion functionality by providing options to delete the actual invoice file. Also add the ability to reassociate a file with an invoice item in case it has moved on the file system.
- Add a "Tip of the Day" dialog capability.